Thursday 26 August 2010

I believe

We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, 
into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running
some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of 
life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work 
desperately for a moment no matter what.
- George Santayana, "The Philosophy of Travel"

I particularly like this quote and i feel it is very fitting for what we are about to attempt. I have no doubt that we will definitely taste some hardship along Te Araroa. I believe that we will run into hazards; some probably accidental  or unavoidable and some possibly through bad judgement. But I also believe in myself, Landey and Damienmarc. I believe that we all have that spark that makes you push on through whatever poor situation we may possibly be in.

Neither of us have ever attempted anything quite like the Te Araroa trail, but what we lack in experience I think we make up for in common sense, determination and the ability to take any bad situation in a positive light, in order to sharpen the edges of our lives.

- Anders

No comments:

Post a Comment